I discovered my passion for well-being in 1984 when my neighbor came over & taught me how to rub my grandmother’s feet. She was going blind and a knot had developed under one of her toes. I was told to rub and massage her feet every night, especially that knot. It wasn’t long before the knot went away & Grandmother’s eyesight improved. That was amazing to me & I found out what it was called… REFLEXOLOGY. That was my first introduction to Energy Medicine. We could actually remove blockages in energy pathways & improve the healing processes of the body by applying deep pressure to the appropriate reflex points.
WOW! A whole new world opened up to me.
I became the foot lady in the neighborhood and among family members. Friends and family encouraged me to pursue a career in the Healing Arts! In 2005, I went back to school, Chandler Gilbert Community College, & began pursuing a career in Applied Sciences, namely massage therapy. That decision changed my life forever and the lives of many others that I have worked with through the years.
I traveled to Utah & met Carol Tuttle, the author of “Remembering Wholeness,” an Energy Therapist herself. That experience provided the tools to empower me and remind me that we are all Children of God & have the POWER to create Good & Bad, Health & Sickness, Joy & Pain.
Was I creating by default or was I creating with intention? I was ready to own my power!
Louise Hay in her book You Can Heal Your Life, wrote:
- We are each responsible for all of our experiences
- Every thought we think is creating our future
- The point of power is always in the present moment
- Everyone suffers from self-hatred and guilt
- The bottom line for everyone is, “I’m not good enough”
- It’s only a thought, and a thought can be changed
- Resentment, criticism, and guilt are the most damaging patterns
- Releasing resentment will dissolve even cancer
- When we really love ourselves, everything is our life works
- We must be willing to begin to learn to love ourselves
- Self-approval and self-acceptance in the now are the keys to positive changes
- We create every so-called “illness” in our body
Contacts and new friends were made and it wasn’t long before I went to an “I Can Do It” seminar where I met Louise Hay herself. That was a pivotal moment in my life, because the developer of “The Lifeline Technique,” Dr. Darren Weissman, was there with his new book “The Power of Infinite Love and Gratitude.” After seeing his presentation, I knew I was going to work with this man and learn this new technique.
I have been led to many wonderful teachers throughout the years, CranioSacral Therapy and SomatoEmotional Release with the Upledger Institute International, Lymph Drainage Therapy and Heart Centered Therapy with the Chikly Health Institute and hands-on experience with clients led by inspiration from above!
AND NOW ~ Here I am, back in Snowflake, the hometown I grew up in, working, writing and teaching these self-care techniques and principles. There have been many mentors in my life, and more to come; I have only mentioned a few, but I testify that once we set our course, with a pure intention, God and his Angels will guide, direct and prepare a way for us to accomplish that which we desire!